Vă rugăm să vă logaţi sau să vă înregistraţi.

Logați-vă cu numele de utilizator, parola și durata sesiunii de logare

Stiri:

Forumul este deschis pentru participare

Autor Subiect: Home-based F&B businesses flourish amid pandemic  (Citit de 138 ori)

sara445

• Mesaje postate: 47
    • Vezi Profilul
Home-based F&B businesses flourish amid pandemic
« : 12 Februarie 2021, 10:05:18 am »
Home-based F&B businesses flourish amid pandemic

Baking was her hobby for more than 10 years but Josephine Wee never thought that her homemade cookies were good enough to be sold.   

“My children love my cookies and always say why not sell them, but making for your family and selling to strangers are two different things,”
she said. “When people pay, they expect some standard. How can I sell?”

But the 51-year-old, who worked as a tour guide for the past 30 years, decided to give it a shot last year after the COVID-19 pandemic annihilated
the tourism industry.

Wanting to stay active after work dried up by March last year, Mrs Wee signed up for a variety of courses. It was at one of these courses offered by
the NTUC LearningHub where she learnt about e-commerce and digital marketing.

In June, she took the first step to list her baked goods on Carousell.

“My boys told me ‘Don’t worry, you can do it!’” she recalled with a smile.

Orders did come through – first from her relatives, then strangers, building up into a consistent demand that Mrs Wee would spend more than 10
hours in her kitchen on some days.

The demand went on to October before reaching a lull in November. But the home baker did not have to worry as the year-end festive season
proved to be a fillip for sales.

“I saw three to four times my normal sales for Christmas. It was sheer madness.”

So far, the income from her home bakery Jo Bakes remains nowhere near her previous salary but Mrs Wee said it is “enough to get by”
for her family. She is now the sole breadwinner after the pandemic also put her husband, a self-employed entertainer, out of work.

You can follow many other news here. : สมัครสมาชิก slotxo

SMF 2.0 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines